4/27/10

The tinks we do for our kids !!!

Its been awhile since I have had time to update the blog but here is what has been going on. I spent this last weekend in Ohio with Joey and the OCU wrestling team. It started out that I was not going to get to go to senior nationals because Joey wasn't released to wrestle till 2 weeks after the tournament. I had decided to work my vacation to make extra money to take Joey to Iowa to qualify for the world team trials in a few weeks. Her doctor that operated on her happened to watch Joey practice the Tuesday be for the team was to leave on Wednesday and decided to go ahead and release her. She was so excited when she called me but was nervous because she was still out of shape and her timing was off. I told her to go and see how things went.I talked to Joeys coach and I decided to help drive the team to Ohio. I finished work Tuesday and left Wednesday evening. It was 2 1/2 hours to Oklahoma City then 17 hours to Cleveland. There was 11 girls and 7 guys that went. There was 2 of us to drive the bus. Off we go ..... When we got there they weighed in and we went to the motel to get ready for the tournament the next morning. Joey Pinned her first girl and was done for the first day. I was happy with how she wrestled. The next day Joey wend against the #1 seed (Joey was seeded #4). Joey has wrestle Jessica Medina a couple of times before so I knew that it was going to be a tough match even if Joey was in shape. Joey wrestled pretty good but lost which put her on the back side of the bracket. She won her next match which put her in the 3rd place match. She wrestled a familiar foe from last year (Gabby Henry). Joey didn't wrestle very good on that match and ended up losing but overall I was happy about how the shoulder held up and am really looking forward to world team trials and glad that Joey has a couple of months to get back into shape. The OCU team did good as a team and should do good in Iowa. While we was there I got to do a sight seeing, The Browns stadium and the rock and roll hall of fame was walking distance from our motel so i took off in the misty cold day to take some pictures and see what Cleveland had to offer. It was really worth the walk. The rock and roll museum was 22.00 to see all of it so I just went in the entrance a looked around the free stuff. I knew I didn't have enough time to get my 22.00 worth. I got some good pictures though. Next time i want to go through the hall of fame and take the time to look around. After the tournament was over we headed back to Oklahoma at 4:00 PM in the rain. We drove all night and made it home around 9:00. I then loaded up my car and drove 2 1/2 hours back to Woodward. i got back around 12:30 the went straight to work and worked 7 hours before going home. I had missed Novells Birthday and her birthday party so I stayed up and watched Avatar with her (I had her pick it up as a b-day present from me). When I finally got to bed I think I didn't move all night till I got up at 7:00 when I had to get up to take Madison to school. Other that that it was a normal weekend for the Millers. That about it ...Till next time.